Do you regularly work your magic in Unity? Are you a wizard when it comes to problem solving and interesting solutions? Then come and work at LlamaZOO Interactive. We’re looking to add a Unity Developer to our team.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour to our remote team-members across BC, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic. Our software supports a variety of use-cases including sustainable natural resources development, indigenous land stewardship, wild-fire mitigation planning, and carbon sequestration and wild life habitat management – where our clients and partners wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to unlock the power of their data.
As our Unity Developer, you will use your champion coding skills to create our next generation solutions. You will contribute to and drive compelling, engaging, studio-quality experiences that improve understanding, increase product adoption, and our reach globally.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy our island lifestyle and group activities while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you have a passion for nerding out with new technologies – join us in becoming global leaders in Spatial Business Intelligence!
What you will be doing:
- Work with the team to develop, test, and maintain applications;
- Design & implement client side systems, with an eye for optimization;
- Deliver high quality & well-structured code;
- Support the technical team and process in code reviews, time estimations, and exploring new systems to elevate our technical and business needs;
- Evaluate, research and recommend techniques and ideas to help improve production.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- 2+ years professional experience with Unity3D;
- 3+ years of object-oriented programming experience;
- Demonstrable proficiency in C#;
- Familiarity with version control such as Perforce, Subversion or Git;
- Excellent debugging, optimization and profiling skills;
- A strong understanding of software engineering practices;
- A strong sense of problem solving and decision-making;
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail.
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Experience and interest in VR technologies.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Unity Developer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.