Do you regularly work your magic in Unity? Are you passionate about elevating a project and team with your knowledge and expertise? Then come and work at LlamaZOO Interactive. We’re looking to add a Unity Tech Lead to our herd.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour to our remote team-members across BC, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic. Our software supports a variety of use-cases including sustainable natural resources development, indigenous land stewardship, wild-fire mitigation planning, and carbon sequestration and wild life habitat management – where our clients and partners wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to unlock the power of their data.
As our Unity Tech Lead, you will use your expertise in real time rendering to create our next generation solutions. Your expertise will contribute to and drive compelling, engaging, studio-quality experiences that improve understanding, increase product adoption, and our reach globally.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy our island lifestyle and group activities while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you have a passion for nerding out with new technologies – join us in becoming global leaders in Spatial Business Intelligence!
What you will be doing:
- Lead and align the Unity development team on the technical direction and strategy with the VP of Technology;
- Design, develop, and code application features and functions to technical and functional programming standards;
- Collaborate with the Product and Production departments on deliverables, scheduling, design, and technical requirements, to delivery high quality solutions;
- Regularly meet with the team to provide technical oversight – discuss progress; tackle setbacks; share updates; present features; give feedback; informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks and issues; etc;
- Mentor and motivate programmers to develop their technical skills and provide them with what they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.).
Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent;
- Extensive experience in real time rendering application development. Preference to Unity, but other experience in Unreal or Frostbite will be considered;
- Proven experience in technical leadership role;
- A deep technical understanding of a variety of systems, architecture best practices, programming languages, interdependencies, and critical issues;
- Experience as an innovator, collaborator and passionate about mentoring these skills in others;
- Experience using an Agile/iterative design approach to software development;
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines and can break down complex information for various audiences;
- A strategic approach to problem-solving: you don’t just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a start-up
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter as an attached .PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “Unity Lead” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying – but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.