Want to grab the latest VR headsets and help put our software through its paces? We’re looking to add 2 Quality Assurance Co-ops to our Victoria team.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of use-cases including sustainable natural resources development, indigenous land stewardship, wild-fire mitigation planning, and carbon sequestration and wild life habitat management – where our clients and partners wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to unlock the power of their data.
As our Quality Assurance Co-op, you’ll ensure our software is purring like a llama, and be part of our incredible story and our next generation solutions. Your expertise will contribute to and drive compelling, engaging, studio-quality experiences that improve understanding, increase product adoption, and our reach globally.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you love nerding out with new technologies and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Project QA, testing app and infrastructure for bugs on various platforms such as VR, mobile, desktop;
- Write, submit and track bug tickets via tracking software Jira;
- Hardware troubleshooting and IT support;
- Evaluate, research and recommend techniques and ideas to improve production.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- Enrolled in Computer Science or similar undergraduate course;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think diagnostically;
- Good communication skills – descriptively and accurately break down bugs in reports;
- Creative mindset – be comfortable bringing questions and solutions to the table;
- Self-starter interested in learning about high-tech start-up life.
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Interest in VR technology;
- Previous co-op or work experience in software or technology focused company.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to put “QA Co-op” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.