Are beautiful designs your great craft? We’re looking to add a Product Designer to our team starting in May 2021.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour to our remote team-members across BC, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of use-cases including sustainable natural resources development, indigenous land stewardship, wild-fire mitigation planning, and carbon sequestration and wild life habitat management – where our clients and partners wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to unlock the power of their data.
As our Product Designer, your experience and passion will help show the world our incredible platform, and our next generation solutions. Your expertise will contribute to and drive compelling, engaging, studio-quality experiences that improve understanding, increase product adoption, and our reach globally.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you love nerding out with new technologies and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating with leadership and developers to strategize, plan, and execute product evolution;
- Prototyping and refining designs through collecting stakeholder and customer feedback;
- Design and build brand materials for web, print, and digital branding;
- Work closely with the Production to create design documents, feature briefs and ensure high-quality implementation of designs and to communicate key functions;
- Manage design flows, prototypes, wireframes, mockups, and high-fidelity visuals for your features;
- Work cross-functionally with production and business teams to represent the design team and provide feedback in planning and product discussions.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a design ownership role;
- Lead UI/UX design on a shipped web, mobile, desktop product;
- A stunning portfolio showcasing your process from concept to completion. We’ll be looking at design fundamentals such as typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation;
- Experience being the voice of design and collaborating with key stakeholders to develop and refine features;
- Comfortable with design tech stack tools such as, Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign and/or Framer;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Experience with Jira – creating and managing tickets and leading design vision to wider team
How to apply:
Send us your resume, portfolio, cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Product Designer” in the subject line. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.