Is development your great craft? We’re looking to add a Full Stack Developer to our team. From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of use-cases including sustainable natural resources development, indigenous land stewardship, wild-fire mitigation planning, and carbon sequestration and wildlife habitat management – where our clients and partners wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to unlock the power of their data.
As our Full Stack Developer, you will use your experience and written and oral skills to help tell the world about our incredible stories, and our next generation solutions. Your expertise will contribute to and drive compelling, engaging, studio-quality experiences that improve understanding, increase product adoption, and our reach globally.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So, if you love nerding out with new technologies, and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Web application development;
- Contributing to design and technical architecture;
- Designing and creating a user management and support portal, and administrative interfaces;
- Providing technical support for our website;
- Assisting with code reviews.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of backend development processes;
- Understanding of best practices for web development, including secure web development practices;
- Experience with version control;
- Familiarity with agile development processes.
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Experience with cloud development in Azure;
- Experience integrating with databases;
- Experience with C#, .NET Core.
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.