Are words your great craft? We’re looking to add a Communications Manager to our team.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.
Our software supports a variety of use-cases including sustainable natural resources development, indigenous land stewardship, wild-fire mitigation planning, and carbon sequestration and wild life habitat management – where our clients and partners wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to unlock the power of their data.
As our Communications Manager, you will use your experience and written and oral skills to help tell the world about our incredible stories, and our next generation solutions. Your expertise will contribute to and drive compelling, engaging, studio-quality experiences that improve understanding, increase product adoption, and our reach globally.
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by a challenge, and always raise the bar. We enjoy island lifestyle, team activities, and bonus perks such as fresh fruit, snacks, free drinks while shipping quality innovative products on time. So if you love nerding out with new technologies, have a knack for shouting out a cohesive message for the world hear, and not afraid to don the latest AR/VR headsets – the ZOO is for you.
What you will be doing:
- Own and drive all of LlamaZOO’s outward-facing communications, including website content, social media and sales and investor facing materials;
- Collaborate with product, sales and corporate development to produce a full spectrum of communication tools, including product copy, case-studies, white papers, proposals, blog posts, news releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, slide decks, scientific abstracts, ebooks, and maybe even podcasts;
- Write accurate, powerful solutions-oriented B2B copy in a variety of formats, for a variety of audiences, for a variety of purposes;
- Act as a trusted internal communications advisor for the rest of the team, providing editorial services such as copyediting and proofreading.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in communications role;
- Understand how to tactfully and with credibility write with intent according to the needs of different B2B audiences, including influencers, decision makers, industry champions or potential investors;
- Experience with SaaS and B2B sales in high technology and enterprise environment;
- Experience building a communications infrastructure;
- Effectively collaborate in a “flat”, collegial and friendly organization;
- Be able to quickly pivot and focus on new priorities while following up and completing competing tasks;
- Excellent attention to detail, including grammar, spelling and punctuation, as well as defining, explaining and championing an in-house style and voice for all external communications;
- Knowledge of SalesForce, Hubspot and WordPress CMS (or equivalents).
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to put “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Thanks in advance for applying — but we’ll only be contacting suitable applicants!